Caribbean Green Seasoning
Green seasoning is the secret weapon in the arsenal of any Caribbean kitchen. Traditionally made with whatever herbs and other aromatics are locally available (common ingredients include cilantro, celery, onions, garlic and chilies), it is an essential element of Caribbean cooking. While it is certainly used for marinating chicken, meat or fish before grilling, roasting or frying, it is equally useful for cooking vegetables or adding to soups and stews to add depth and complexity. Once you try it, it’ll become a staple in your pantry!
- Marinate 1 lb of chicken, pork or fish in 5-6 tbsp of green seasoning for at least 15-20 minutes, and not more than 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue oven to 400 °F (204 °C).
- Cook over high heat, turning frequently until well browned.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until the desired degree of doneness is achieved.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make two meals for four people
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online