Caribbean Jerk Marinade
When one thinks of Jamaican cuisine, likely the first thing to spring to mind will be jerk. While many histories are suggested for the development of this unique blend of flavours, what is clear is that some variation of this recipe has been used in Jamaica for several hundred years for beach-side grilling of meats and fish. This fragrant and fiery blend of chilies, herbs and spices produces a flavour that is spicy, sweet, savoury, smokey and complex. Try it off the grill alongside rice and peas or roti.
- Marinate 1 lb of any meat or protein in 5-6 tbsp of jerk marinade for at least 15-20 minutes, and not more than 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue oven to 400 °F (204 °C).
- Cook over high heat, turning frequently until well browned.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until the desired degree of doneness is achieved.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make two meals for four people
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online