A wonderfully fresh and healthy salad that make a perfect accompaniment to any lunch!
- 4 rounds of pita bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Saha Lahmajoun Base™, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into bite-sized peices
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby arugula, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onion, sliced
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and Lahmajoun sauce and whisk until evenly mixed. Take two tbsp of this mixture and reserve the rest. Arrange the pita on a large baking tray and brush with the two tbsp of Lahmajoun mixture. Bake the pita in the preheated oven for fifteen to twenty minutes, or until the pita is crispy. Break the pita into bite sized pieces and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Transfer the remaining ingredients, including the reserved Lahmajoun mixture, into the mixing bowl and fold together until the vegetables are well coated with the dressing. Serve alongside to your favourite entrée.