- 2 racks of pork spareribs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Saha™ Red Curry Base
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 6 oz (180 g) Daikon radish, shredded
- 6 oz (180 g) carrot, shredded
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 (22 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, cut into 1 inch segments
Preheat oven to 300F (150C). To make the glaze, combine the Red Curry Base and honey in a bowl, mix well and divide the mixture into two equal portions. Brush the ribs all over with one of the portions of glaze and wrap each rack of ribs in aluminum foil. Place the racks on a metal try and bake for two hours or until tender.
Remove the ribs from the oven and set aside. Shut off the oven and preheat the grill to medium high. While the grill is preheating, combine the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar and ginger in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Toss with the shredded daikon and carrot and set aside. Remove the ribs from the foil and grill on medium high, basting with the other half of the glaze for 15 minutes per side or until char begins to develop. Cut the ribs into portions and serve alongside the slaw. Garnish with chives.
Tags: featured recipe, red curry Posted by